Generally, Casio timepieces often have a feature called the hourly time signal. When this function is activated, your watch will beep at the beginning of each hour. Thanks to that, you can capture time easily.
But instead, what about your watch beeping continuously in the middle of the night? It must have become a nightmare, making you extremely uncomfortable, especially for those who often lose sleep.
If you seek an explanation and solution for “Why does my Casio watch beep at midnight?”, this article is all you need.
Why Does My Casio Watch Beep At Midnight?
As mentioned above, the reason for the beeping sound at the beginning of every hour is that you have activated the SIGNAL mode – abbreviated as SIG on your Casio. But if your watch beeps continuously for about 10 seconds at midnight, it may be because you accidentally or actively activated the alarm function.
After understanding the reason, we can handle it simply, and you need to access the ALARM – ALM mode to turn it off/on.
In different Casio models, there will be a slight difference when we turn on / off ALM. You can press any button to turn off the alarm while the watch is sounding. However, after turning off the alarm in this way, you do not completely turn off the alarm mode (ALM), and the following days, at exactly midnight, it will continue to beep.
How Can I Turn Off That Beep On My Casio Watch?
There are some different ways to turn off the alarm, depending on each model. However, first, let’s learn what the buttons on a Casio watch do exactly.
4 button names on Casio
- ADJUST: You can look on the watch front or back with text to set the function. It is located in the upper left – Button A.
- REVERSE or RESET or SPLIT∙RESET: This button name will be on the top right of the watch face – Button B.
- MODE: This button is probably the most familiar to you. The Mode button is usually located at the bottom left of the watch – the C button.
- FORWARD or SEARCH or START or START-STOP: This knob is denoted by D and is usually located in the lower right.
How to turn off alarms for BABY-G and G-SHOCK models
- Step 1: Look to see if your ticker is already in ALM mode. If not, press the MODE button repeatedly to move to the ALM or AL1/AL2/… or SNZ or SIG function.
- Step 2: Press the D button repeatedly to move to the position of the alarming number you need to turn off until the screen shows the name of the alarm set you want AL1/AL2/…
- Step 3: Press the A button until the screen shows the word ON or OFF. Repeat Step 2 if you want to turn off more alarms or SNZ or SIG.
- Step 4: As the last step, press the MODE button repeatedly until you return to the current time mode you are using
How to turn off the alarm for some other models
Please follow the steps below if you have followed the above method and still cannot turn it off.
- Step 1: Same as above. If your watch is not in alarm mode, press the MODE button repeatedly until the display shows the words ALM or AL1/AL2/… or SNZ or SIG.
- Step 2: Press the FORWARD or SEARCH or START or START∙STOP Button repeatedly until the display shows the name of the alarm you want AL1/AL2/…
- Step 3: Press the SPLIT∙RESET or RESET button until the display shows the word OF or OFF. Repeat Step 2 if you want to turn off more alarms or SNZ or SIG.
- Step 4: Press the MODE Button repeatedly until it returns to the average time display mode. It is done!
Turning off the alarm of Baby-G, G-Shock watches is not difficult, and almost all 4-button electronic watch models have a similar adjustment. Hope you will not be woken up in the middle of the night by your watch again.
Last Updated on October 12, 2021 by The o.d.m team
The o.d.m team is a group of watch enthusiasts and experts who share their knowledge to watch lovers all over the world. The o.d.m team has won many popular watch design trophies including the iF Design Award China, Germany’s Reddot Design Award & IF Design Award, USA’s Good Design Award, and Japan’s Good Design Award. They’re also a regular guest of the Baselworld trade show.