Most people prefer to use solar watches because they’re efficient and cost-effective. For example, 3 minutes of direct sunlight or 3.5 hours of artificial light provides 24 hours of power to your ticker.
However, they’re pretty tricky to use. As a result, many users complain about buying one without knowing how to use it properly. If you’re having the same problems, this guide is for you. It shows how to set Casio Tough Solar Illuminator watches.
Preparation Before Setting Casio Tough Solar Watch
Many of my friends ask me if they need special tools to set the time on the Casio Tough Solar. The beauty of a solar watch is that you don’t need anything extra. You don’t even need to change the battery because you can use light to charge it. Either way, the only things you need are your watch and the manual.
Check the battery status
Make sure the battery is charged strong enough for setting the time.
If you notice that the watch is running low on battery, expose it to light or the sun to charge the battery first so it won’t affect the setting process.
Find the user manual
Check the user manual for more information on setting Casio Solar Illuminator watches. In addition, you can get familiarized with the different buttons and modes.
However, if you can’t find the manual, don’t worry. You can continue by viewing the Casio online manual or following our instructions in the next section.
Understanding different buttons and modes
Get acquainted with the modes and 4 function buttons located at 2, 4, 8, and 10 o’clock on the side of the watch.
- Press the 8 o’clock ( mode) button setting 7 different function modes: World Time, Timekeeping, Countdown, Stopwatch, Alarm, Date Recall, and Receive
- Use the 10 o’clock button with 3 extra functions: Digital Compass, Barometer, and Altimeter.
Now, let’s proceed to the 4 steps to set your Casio watch.
4 Steps To Set Casio Tough Solar Illuminator Watch
Step 1: Find the Mode button
To begin, you should find the Mode button at the 8 o’clock position. That button is used to change the mode.
- Press that lower-left corner button to switch between modes
- Each time you press the button, you’ll change to another mode
For example, assuming you start with World Time mode, you can switch to the next mode by tapping the Mode button.
Step 2: Go to Timekeeping Mode
Tough Solar watches use a time correction signal setting the time based on your chosen city. So, if you want to set the time, you need to go back to Timekeeping Mode to select the city.
- First, hold down the mode button until you get to Timekeeping mode. Your watch will display time and date.
- If you’re in the correct mode, you can release your hand.
Step 3: Choose Location and Timezone
You’re now in Timekeeping mode. Next, press the 10 o’clock button. You’ll see a bunch of time zones and cities.
- Hold down the Mode button until the city starts flashing.
- Press the 2 o’clock button or 4 o’clock button to scroll up or down the cities.
- Identify your city or location which has the same time zone as your location.
- After selecting the desired city, press the Mode button setting the city. The time will automatically change as you set it.
Finally, press the 10 o’clock button again to exit.
Step 4: Set 12-hour or 24-hour display
For the digital display, press the Mode button to access the Timekeeping mode to start manually setting the time display.
- Press and hold the 10 o’clock button setting the 12-hour or 24-hour display.
- Go back to the Mode button and tap it to set the seconds, hours, minutes, years, months, and days.
The modes appear one after the other, and you can set each by pushing the 8-hour button.
Now you understand how to set Casio Tough Solar Illuminator watches. So you can do this whenever you need to, like when you’re traveling. You can repeat 4 steps in this guide to match your watch with your location time.
In addition, whenever the battery is damaged, the watch will reset its configuration. Thus, you need to re-align the clock to reselect your time zone.
Last Updated on October 12, 2021 by The o.d.m team
The o.d.m team is a group of watch enthusiasts and experts who share their knowledge to watch lovers all over the world. The o.d.m team has won many popular watch design trophies including the iF Design Award China, Germany’s Reddot Design Award & IF Design Award, USA’s Good Design Award, and Japan’s Good Design Award. They’re also a regular guest of the Baselworld trade show.