If you’re a watch user, you’ve probably at least heard of Hamilton watches.
They’re known for being high-quality, durable watches that can last for years with proper care.
But how long does a Hamilton watch actually last?
We did some research and found the answer for you.
Keep reading to learn more.
How long does a Hamilton watch last on average?
Hamilton watches on average last over a period of six years.
If you take care of your Hamilton and service it after five years, then it should last even longer than that.
Service is very important when looking at how long a Hamilton watch will last.
Without service, your Hamilton can only last around 3-4 years before it starts to have problems.
How long does a Hamilton watch last as daily wear?
Taking proper care of your watch will help it last as daily wear, but there are some factors that can affect how long it will actually last.
If you’re working in the construction business or doing other work where you need extra durability from your watch, then it’s best to get an automatic Hamilton that has a higher standard of durability.
What factors affect how long a Hamilton watch lasts?
There are actually three different factors that affect how long a Hamilton watch will last.
They are listed below:
- Usage of the watch
- How well you take care of it
- Type of Hamilton watch
Of these three, the factor that has the most effect on your Hamilton’s longevity is usage.
If you don’t wear your Hamilton much, then its lifespan will be shortened.
If you wear your Hamilton all the time and take care of it well, then it can last for up to 7 or 8 years.
How to care for your Hamilton watch?
Hamilton watches require proper care in order to last.
You can tell that your watch needs care when it starts to lose time, change colors (from too much sun exposure), or if the glass is cloudy, scratched, or dirty.
When you notice any of these problems on your watch, you need to take it in for service immediately.
The proper way to care for your watch is to:
- Keep it in a case whenever possible and make sure the crown (the top part of the watch where you set the time) is always pushed in when not wearing.
- Take your Hamilton to be serviced after five years or so. If you don’t take care of your Hamilton by servicing it, then you’ll shorten its lifespan.
- Don’t go to bed wearing your watch or put it in direct sunlight. This can damage it if you do not take proper care of it.
- Be careful when setting the time on your Hamilton as this can cause damage if done wrong. When you set the time, make sure to turn the crown in a counter-clockwise motion.
- Always remember that your watch is water-resistant, not waterproof. Fish can die from being out of water too long, so don’t swim or scuba dive with your Hamilton on unless it’s been made for that purpose.
What to do if your Hamilton watch stops working?
When you notice that your Hamilton watch is not working, then this means that something has gone wrong and it needs to be looked at.
There are different factors that can cause a Hamilton watch to stop working:
- The battery might need to be replaced or the watch itself might need servicing if it hasn’t been done for over five years. If it doesn’t have a battery, then this means that something is wrong with it internally and you need to contact Hamilton or find an authorized service center for Hamilton watches.
- If your Hamilton watch has been dropped or hit in any way, then this can also cause it to stop working. If you’ve accidentally banged your watch against something, then you need to take it for servicing.
- If your Hamilton watch is water-resistant, but not waterproof, then you need to make sure that the crown is always pushed in when it’s not being worn. If the crown has been left out or turned in a clockwise motion when not wearing it, this can cause damage because water can seep in if it’s exposed to pressure.
- Some problems with your Hamilton watch cannot be fixed and you’ll need to buy a new one. If none of the above reasons are why it isn’t working, then take it for servicing as soon as possible so that nothing else goes wrong before looking at buying a new one.
Are Hamilton watches durable?
This is a common question that people are asking themselves today when they look at watches.
If you want a watch that will last, then read the information on what affects how long a Hamilton watch lasts and learn more about them before purchasing one.
All in all, if you wear your Hamilton watch often and take care of it properly, then it can stay with you for years.
Just be sure that you’re aware of how to properly care for your watch.
There’s no point in spending money on a Hamilton if it’s not going to last long because you didn’t know how to take care of it. (Source)
Is Hamilton watches a Good Investment?
Hamilton watches are a good investment because it’s sensible to spend more for a watch that will last longer.
If you take proper care of your Hamilton, then chances are, it will be with you every day of the week and stay in style for years on end.
Most people buy a Hamilton watch because they want an attractive timepiece that is also durable as well as functional.
Is Hamilton Khaki a good watch?
Yes, Hamilton Khaki is a good watch.
With its history being so rich and its purpose is to outfit the U.S Navy, you can bet that this watch would have to be sturdy enough to not come apart when out in bad weather conditions or saltwater.
If anything was going to break it down at all, it most likely would be the battery.
If you’re interested in purchasing a Hamilton watch, then do your research and make sure that it’s not going to break during any period of wearing it.
Are all Hamilton watches Swiss-made?
All Hamilton watches are not Swiss-made. (Source)
Most of them are Swiss-made, but some aren’t actually made in Switzerland and they aren’t all automatic watches either.
Automatic watches mean that you don’t have to wind them every day and it’s powered by your movement so you can keep on wearing them and they will continue ticking away.
How much does a new or replacement Hamilton watch cost?
The price of a new Hamilton watch all depends on which one you want to buy.
If you’re looking for a more expensive Hamilton watch, then prices will obviously be higher.
However, if you’re looking for a cheap Hamilton watch, then this doesn’t mean that it isn’t high quality either.
In fact, some of the most popular Hamilton watches are also the cheapest ones, which is why they’re still difficult to obtain.
As you can see, it’s very important to take care of your Hamilton watch.
Taking proper care will help lengthen the lifespan of your Hamilton watch considerably.
So always remember to service it after five years and be careful when wearing it.
Doing these two things should keep your Hamilton working for a long time.
Thank you for reading.
Last Updated on March 20, 2022 by The o.d.m team
The o.d.m team is a group of watch enthusiasts and experts who share their knowledge to watch lovers all over the world. The o.d.m team has won many popular watch design trophies including the iF Design Award China, Germany’s Reddot Design Award & IF Design Award, USA’s Good Design Award, and Japan’s Good Design Award. They’re also a regular guest of the Baselworld trade show.